5.27.2008

pocketful of sunshine.

The first day of swim team practice is upon me. Hard to believe summer's here again...sort of. You know how days can seem to take forever, but then when you look back at it, you seem to forget that and time seems to just fly by? It's sort of confusing. So many times, I'll be at work just wishing for the hours to fly by so I can get home...but I work so much that I'm just wasting my time. I need to make better use of work time...get to know people around me better or something.



One of my favorite things about music is its ability to transport you to a different time and place. Like right now. Jordin Sparks' and Chris Brown's song "No Air" just came on VH1. The song came on and it immediately took me back about two weeks to driving to work in Fville because I'd always hear this song going over there or while I was at work. Music is so amazing. :)



I was talking to this mom last night at the pool about adding the music ed major. She was really supportive, and it was kind of eye-opening. I know people are always talking about advocacy. It's so important to talk up the program and build support for it. I think this area's really supportive of music programs because of the caliber of the staff we have in the county. I really want to teach in this area someday...REALLY. The people here want music in the schools. The support is really amazing, even from parents who don't have students in the program. Life is good. :)

No comments: