5.03.2008

maybe a quarterlife crisis...

or just a stirring in my soul.
It's finally summertime (officially). A lot of people have gone home, and Fville's starting to flatten out. Cory is leaving town as I write this. I won't see him for two weeks. I miss him already.

I've got two weeks of working down here before I go home. Michael says I'm working 30+ hours each week. Guess I'm going to be busy. Graduation's a week from today. I'll be playing in the graduation band, which will be weird since technically I should have been walking across the stage and not playing music for the people that are...BUT that's my decision, and I'm stickin with it.

After two weeks, I'm headed home for about two weeks, and then I'm back down here to take arranging for 8 days. 2 credits in 8 days = a LOT of work. BUT after June 12th, I'm freeeee for the summer, and I'm headed home to relax and enjoy life!

It's weird...so many of my friends are graduating today. I'm so happy for them, but it's sort of crazy and unbelievable that it's been four years since we graduated from high school. Time always seems to fly. It's so cliche, but it's like sand: the tighter you grab onto it and try to hold it in, the more it slips right through your fingers.

It's a beautiful day outside, and all I want to do is stay inside. I guess it's still morning, so it's not that bad, but...it just seems like, even though I know I'm depressed lots of times when I'm alone, I never want to go out and do things. I guess maybe I'm just burned out from a long and very emotionally draining semester, but I just don't seem to have the energy to go hang out with people. I need to start being more sociable in the next two weeks, or I feel like I'm going to be EXTREMELY bored and depressed.

I don't know what's going to happen...I mean, I never do...but we'll see.

No comments: