Last week in Fville for the "semester" is beginning. Of course, I'll be back at the beginning of next month for Arranging class, but STILL...at least I won't be down here for no reason with nothing to do besides work my butt off! Katie moved in yesterday for the summer--which has been great! Love living with her already. Sara moves in for the year today. Stacie's at home for practicum...so I won't see her for a month. :( Love that girl.
Last week was CRAZY. I was at work and some guy ran from the cops when they stopped him on the road (routine traffic stop), so there were like 6 cops, including one with a dog and bullet proof stuff (and guns!!), all around the outside of the pool (which is indoors, btw). They caught the guy after a few hours, but MAN, for a while there, I was planning on where I'd hide if someone started shooting, because the pool is surrounded by windows. I decided on jumping in the pool and/or climbing up inside a slide. The day after that, I ended up saving two kids in the span of about thirty minutes--my first real saves in seven years of guarding! I hated having to do it, but I'm glad I was able to help some people out. Learning to swim is so important. That same day, I got the news that back home, a student at AHS died in a car accident...which was terrible. How ridiculous of a week! That and having two roommates move out and watching my friends walk across the stage and graduate when I could have been going with them made for a pretty wild emotional roller coaster of a week. This week is going to be better, though. I really love my lifeguarding job--saves or not, I get to smile a whole lot and interact with people, and I get to help kids get over their fears, which is awesome. It's so cool to watch kids who are scared to go down the slide get over that and have a great time. :) I like knowing that people are safer when I'm there. I feel important. I love swimming and coaching and lifeguarding so much. :)
I'm feeling pretty positive about this week...and on Saturday, way early, I'm going back home and starting my coaching job--something that I look forward to each and every summer. I never imagined that coaching and lifeguarding would be so rewarding, but they REALLY are. YAY! Super super excited for this summer. It's good knowing that Cory's coming back in the fall, too...makes the summer that much sweeter.
Congrats on graduating and singing SO well, Heather!!! You are awesome, and Dr. Ring asked Stacie for the picture of the four music ed. grads you all took before you went across the stage. YAY!!!
LOVE.
1 comment:
I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment