Week one of student teaching is down. :) I'm exhausted! Teaching is so tiring...getting up early is still something I'm getting used to as well. I absolutely love what I'm doing though. Teaching 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders all at the same time is REALLY interesting...something I've never seen before, but just really awesome! I'm a big fan of multiage classrooms now...and there are test results to back up what they're doing--it works and the kids respond well to it. I start teaching word study and a reading group next week (we're going to read Superfudge!!!!!), then add another reading group and math (division) the next week, and then finally add my science unit on top of it (on habitats and life processes) the first week in February. I was nervous, and there are still a few nerves, buuuut the excitement totally outweighs the nerves!!! I love spending time with these kids. :) I'm completely positive I'm in the right profession.
I'm spending my day lesson planning and taking a trip to WalMart with Jessi! Then I'm hanging out with the swim team, which is SO needed...I've missed them SO MUCH. :) :)
In other news, lastly, I've learned a lot about myself this week and about what I want...and about how much I'm truly capable of...and about who I want in my life when I'm making these transitions. I've learned how to stick up for myself and to not settle. I am important...and sometimes, being patient is so worth it. I think this is one of those cases. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment