1.28.2010

phoenix.

God help you if you are a phoenix
and you dare to rise up from the ash.
A thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy
while you are just flying past.
-Ani

I adore Ani DiFranco. Her music is so empowering. I can't even begin to tell you what exactly happened in the last two weeks, but I am happy it's going on, even though I have had to deal with some major crap, because I know who cares about me and who was just in it for their own convenience. What is wrong with so many people--only thinking of themselves and their own happiness? Perspective is a grand thing. I'm not suggesting I'm perfect, but I absolutely do my best to do everything in my power to help others out while still taking care of myself. I just can't handle certain people in my life anymore. Like Green Day would say, GOOD RIDDANCE.

No comments: