1.30.2010

*****

It's snowing outside. I don't have to work, but I can't sleep. Been up since 7am for no discernable reason. I'm okay with this, as the view from outside my window is really beautiful...even if it is a parking lot and my car haha. It's pouring snow right now, and there is a giant tractor moving snow out of the road already. I love this...I get to be snowed in, with good food and a comfortable bed, and I get to catch up on my lesson plans! :) And I get to enjoy some quality me time...which I don't get enough of these days.

I really enjoy being by myself these days. There are certain people in my life that have hurt me really badly and have broken my trust...and it's sad to say that I feel like the number of people who do this grow by the day...and I'd just rather not be around them right now. It hurts a lot to know that people who just two weeks ago would "drop anything for you" won't even make an attempt to say goodbye to you when you're leaving the table and sitting right next to them at dinner. At the same time, I did nothing to deserve that, and I'm not going to shrink, whine, and pity my situation. I'm just going to lesson plan, focus on my teaching, and remember that in 3 months now, I will be a graduate of Longwood University with 2 degrees. I've got a lot to be proud of and a lot to be thankful for. I'm not quitting. I know that I won't let myself down, so I'm happy when I can spend time with myself...and I simply don't get much time during the week to be by myself, so I'm just going to enjoy it while I have it in a large amount. :)

This snow is such a blessing. :) I really really needed it.

No comments: