I miss being with someone. Not a specific someone...but the relational side of my heart is just yearning for companionship. I've dated someone or been "talking" to someone since I was 16. This is my first journey single in life, and it's hard. I think I have a lot to offer a guy, and it's hard knowing that there isn't anyone in my life that is appropriate for me to date/wants to date me and all that. I'm lonely. I know that this will pass and should before I find someone else to date...but that doesn't make it any less hard. I've overcome my depression--by myself. I've completed five years of college--not by myself, but it's still my personal accomplishment. Well, thinking of it, the depression wasn't without help, either...but I was single when it was "completed." I've done so much to better myself...and I'm very comfortable in my own skin. It's just hard living in a world of couples and new engagements (won't spill on who just yet hahaha but I'm SO happy for them!!) when I don't have anyone to come home to. Cory got me so used to having someone there that I took it for granted and it sort of stinks deprogramming my system from that dependence...not just on him, but for the last 6 years.
I want love. I know I have friend love...but I want looooooove love. I hope this goes away soon. It makes me want to cry a sad cry.
1 comment:
I know exactly what you mean, Wifey-boo.
I too miss being with someone, but I'm picky, and I'm not quite done recovering.
Give yourself some time, too. As much as you need - they'll still be there if they're worth it.
:)
Post a Comment