3.11.2008

Put it into perspective.

Today was pretty great. I woke up and got a message from my dad asking if I wanted to go eat with him and my grandma (hereunto refered to as "Oma," the German word for grandmother). I dragged my butt out of bed a few minutes before 12 and went to go eat at this Mexican restaurant with them. I loved talking to them and spending time with them, especially Oma, because I rarely get to see her anymore. After that, I went to go visit Cory at his house. We played frisbee with this new frisbee he bought!!! I love frisbee so much. :) We also chased his dog down cause she ran halfway up the street and tried to escape, but we got her back by shaking her food jar. I went home and played catch and frisbee with my youngest sister, Katherine. It was super fun! I ran around a total of 2 hours today. Considering that I'm at the heaviest weight I've ever been, it made me feel really good about myself. We had a family dinner; we ate pasta with pesto sauce, broccoli, and (yes) fish filets. I ate a small one (somewhat unwillingly), but I felt I really needed the protein. My body's been trying to fight off something for like two or three weeks now and it needs all the help it can get.

So, while writing this entry, I've realized that my phone bill's due tomorrow and I left it in Farmville. How convenient, right? At least there's an AT&T store in town and I'll be able to figure something out with them, I'm sure. It's hard not to freak out about these kinds of things; bills are the bane of my existence! Money is, really. My dad decided to remind me tonight before dinner while I was still on my exercise high that I'm going to need every cent of money that's in my bank account when I'm paying for school myself next year. I'm going to work my butt off this summer. Three or four jobs again: swim coaching, lifeguarding (in two different places), and possibly giving swim lessons. I hate how much of my life I give to other people so they'll give me money so I can keep on "living" my life. It's kind of sad. Cory picked up a real estate magazine in the doctor's office yesterday when we were waiting for his x-rays, and the housing prices are astronomical. I mean, I knew this but STILL. I guess welcome to adult living? It's really not going to be that bad. I know things will work out one way or the other in the end. I've got good people in my life...especially Cory. He's amazing. Even when I'm PMSy and just super whiny and not very nice, he still loves me and works hard to encourage me. I'm really lucky...in many ways.

So, I'm ready for summer. I'm ready for happy warm days where I can play outside and swim in the pool OUTDOORS. I'm tired of being inside with germs and darkness. I want to be able to drive with my windows down and open my windows at home and in my apartment. I like making shapes out of puffy clouds...and I just like being outside when I don't feel like I'm going to die of freezing temperatures or anything. I hope this summer won't be like ridiculously hot, cause that would make me really sad. The water gets really warm in the pool and it's worse than bathwater. No fun at all...and VERY bad to swim in! It's easy to get overheated as it is...so when the pool's like 90 degrees, it's terrible to swim in. You feel like you're suffocating.

Here's to praying for COOLER summer days and a good future. :)

No comments: