3.05.2008

in times like those.

The concert went well for me! Thanks for the encouragement, Nikki!!! At first, I was really freaked out. I messed up in the rehearsal beforehand, and I didn't think I could play the parts well. After playing my first solo, I quieted down and just played. I didn't really mess up very much, which was great, and I had fun doing it, and I think that's what life and music are all about! :) I just have to remember that it's not about me and it's not about playing every single note perfectly: it's about having fun and focusing on something bigger than yourself. A lesson in humility, really.

I love being a music major. A bad day as a music major is better than a good day as a liberal studies major, taking math and science classes that I really hate. I've realized in the past week that I really love music theory...I love making sense and learning new things about making music! I love learning piano. I love learning strings, even though I haven't practiced in like a month...I'm just so excited to be a major, making music and learning about so many different facets of music!! P.S: I like music literature as well...even though it's REALLY fast paced, I love learning about the history of music...like where things I've played and loved came from. All these things I'm learning now help me make sense of things I loved to do in high school, and they'll help me make sense of music and look at it in a different way from now on. YAY for a new chapter in my musical understanding and life!!!!

Okay--Project Runway finale time. I love you all!

No comments: