I hate the tissues with lotion, because they make my entire face have lotion all over it, but I hate the ones without lotion because they rip my poor little nose to shreds. Quite the dilemma.
So here I am, Spring Breaking...but not really. I'm at home, with awful allergies, and I've actually had a fairly productive day. I've cleaned out and washed my car, been to see my sister and the AMAZING AHS band get straight 1s at district 13 festival on GRADE 6 music (!!!!!) for the third year in a row and solidify their honor band status for the 8th time out of the last nine years (that one year was the year after I left...they must have missed me too much), and rehearsed with my sister and our accompanist for our March 29th recital performance in Charlottesville. Just so happens she picked out the duet that Shannon and I are going to play on our recital, so I'm getting a jump start on it! :)
I need to practice more. SomoPromo is fast approaching, and I'm finding my motivation lagging. This emotional roller coaster of the last month has pretty much halted my musical drive. Enough with that mess, though, because I'm going to rock the hell out of this SP and prove to everyone that YES I AM ready for a recital next semester, and with summer lessons, I'm going to make people pass out...just kidding, but that would be cool...at my recital because I've worked so hard and achieved so much. Instead of freaking out, I'm going to work hard enough that it's actually going to be about celebrating mine and Shannon's accomplishments as kick-butt flute players and not about how I'm actually going to sound or if things are going to go well. I can do this...I owe it to myself to do this the right way. :)
Off to do more homework. I have so much due right when we get back from spring break that the word "BREAK" is a joke. But whatever. This is the life that I chose, and I'm going to love every minute of it.
1 comment:
Hi Julie Bean!
I miss you!!
Also, I think we should shop for our recital dresses together!!!
Of course, we should bring Shannon and Allison :)
Have a lovely break - I know what you mean about practicing!
Love you <3
Post a Comment