3.22.2009

shimmyshakes are God's gift to women.

I've experienced love so strongly recently...but it's not like it usually is. It's not with a boyfriend. It's with the world, a number of my friends, and it's starting to be with myself. It's ShimmyShakes at night, 1 am phone calls that last hours, ballet flats and sweaters, leggings and jumpers, cams dresses, Midnight Milky Way bars, swimming and being in the water with people that you care about more than anything in the entire world, making music and working hard with the other group of people that you'd do anything for...the late nights, papers, and long hours of work shifts when you've got fifteen other things you need to be doing all become worth it.

I believe in God again. I believe in purpose...and not just purpose but an achievable purpose. I'm starting to believe in myself and the power of positive thinking. We're all so connected, whether we realize it or not. My life influences yours, and yours mine. My life influences people on the other side of the world, even if just in the most minute of ways. I can make a difference in the world...a big one. I'm capable of so much. I'm going to believe in myself more. I've got some great people that have sung my song back to me when I had forgotten it--and to them, I am eternally grateful.

Life has a way of flowing if we let it and can stop ourselves from getting in the way long enough to see that it's going to be okay. Chemistry is a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

The Nif said...

I'm pretty sure they serve Shimmy Shakes in Heaven :)
Your blog entries always make me feel so hopeful - and that has been really difficult for me this semester. Thank you, for being the wonderful person you are, and always positively affecting my life!
<3