Through the last two years, I've lost my perspective on life. I've been so consumed by my depression that I was unable to function; I wanted so badly to be happy...to not feel like my life was ending every night when I broke down sobbing in despair, crying out to someone for the help I couldn't give myself.
Today, I'm sick and couldn't go into church, so I listened to it on the radio, and as I'm sitting here, I've realized that unanswered prayers are for my benefit. There is so much more than me in the universe...I'm just one part of it. I also have no perspective on what life holds for me in the future...but I believe that God does, and that He/She has my best interests at heart. Yes, being single is hard for me, and yes, I miss Cory so much sometimes that I can't see straight, but I also know that if it's meant to be, it'll happen at some point...and there's nothing I can do to make that happen or not happen. I need to focus on things other than myself for a while. Give back to people who have given me so much. I need some clarity...and I think I've found the beginnings of it. :)
Have a wonderful day, everyone. Do something special outdoors in this beautiful weather!
No comments:
Post a Comment