I am:
a dreamer. a musician. a coach. a decent swimmer. a lover with a bit of a fighter in me. an avid fan of college basketball and football and lacrosse and swimming...and the redskins. a bit of a hippy. a vegetarian who eats seafood. stronger than i think i am. independent. completely dependent on my friends. a writer. a tea drinker as of this year. analytical thinker. caring. selfless. spiritual.
I'm working on:
doing things just to do them. not analyzing every single thing, but still keeping the bigger picture close to heart. taking care of myself so i can better take care of others. learning how to be comfortable in my own skin. smiling more. finding my place in the world. being the best swim coach and teacher and swimmer and musician and friend and person i can be. learning when to settle in and when to push. not getting so lost in the details that i lose the bigger picture.
I can do anything I set my mind to. Recently, I feel as thought I've been settling for mediocrity when I could be doing so much more if I could just push through the fear and the pain...work through the delay towards feelings of accomplishement and a job well done. I'm going to practice more, and I'm going to do the best job I can on my sophomore promotional and getting ready for my recital in the fall. I need to differentiate between perfection and my best effort...and learn to be happy with the latter. I can do something great with my life, but in order to do that, I just need to work through the mess of the last month--the pain, anguish even, the sleepless nights, the elevated stress levels, the tears, the heartache, the loneliness, the depression. I'm worth more than spending my life like this. I can do this. I'm starting to believe that actually CAN.
1 comment:
Yes, Julie, you absolutely can!
Not only can you, but you're the kind of person who will. Not must, but will. You'll want to - not out of a selfish desire to prove yourself, but rather satiating the thirst of identity.
I hope that makes sense...it does in my head :)
I love you SO much!
Post a Comment