4.26.2010

You are Good

You are Good <3

The above link is cheesy in terms of the video, but Nichole Nordeman is truly one of my favorite "Christian" artists.  Her music is peaceful, honest, and beautifully written (lyrics and melody).

Lots has been going on recently in my life.  Surviving student teaching, which finished out much stronger than it had started.  I loved my placement at the high school, which has been super super fun.  I have a few more days with the kids in preparation for the concert, and then after Saturday, I'm done.  I've been really blessed by that whole placement.  Graduation is May 8th and swiftly approaching!  Scary, given the fact that I had the assumptions that I would be married/engaged/well on my way to being there by the time it came around, with a place to live and a job lined up.  None of those are true, however, haha, and while I'm nervous, I trust God.  He's taken me this far, and I know that He'll put something out there for me in the coming months.  Just time to practice keeping my pesky anxieties under control and strengthen my spiritual disciplines.  Prayer, scripture study, and all that "stuff" that I always thought was so cliche and annoying has really been a source of comfort for me.  I plan on blogging a lot about my spiritual journey as the summer progresses...

I bought a lot of fresh food tonight.  After watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution on tv, it's been a butt-kicking for me, causing me to question a lot about what I've been putting in my body.  Time to step up the cooking skills and practice while I have the time (aka this summer)!  I'm excited.  I bought a ton of fish (2 lbs of frozen whitefish fillets were on sale from 8.99 to 3.99), some salad stuff (3 Cs: carrots, cabbage, and corn), yogurt, cantaloupe, whole wheat pasta (where I could read all of the ingredients--thank you Mr. Oliver), and some other things.  I did splurge and get the Kroger brand of popsicles that are honeydew, cantaloupe, and watermelon flavored, though...nothing says summer like a good package of frozen flavored ice!  I'm taking small steps that I know are going to help me have a better quality of life than three nights a week of blue box mac and cheese can provide, and maybe when I do find a decent guy, I'll have the skills I need to whip up something awesome! :)  I'm really doing this for me, though, as with most things this summer.

I've got an awesome internship with FBC through the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship that will have me in North Carolina three times this summer and Alabama as well!  I am so excited to learn how to better love others and serve the community I end up in.  What an awesome experience! :)

That's it for now.  I've got to get to bed...early am tomorrow.  Get to see the kids, though! Woohoo!
<3<3<3

No comments: