4.29.2010
the space between.
So, I'm realizing that my post-graduation decisions are coming down to one "simple" fact: I need to decide what's important to me: living in a place that I've called home for six years and have fallen in love with (people- and area-wise) or teaching full-time immediately. Because it's appearing that those options are not going to mesh. Perhaps they will, but it doesn't appear that way now, and that's what I need to go off of. I've applied to two counties already and am halfway finished with another one...figure I might as well give myself some options. It's just sort of overwhelming. Time to trust and have patience...wait on some direction. I know God's not going to overwhelm me...but He's going to push me enough that I grow. I also don't think He has a specific plan for me in the future...maybe a general one, but I truly believe God gave us free-will for a reason: we were created in His image, and God is pleased when we make decisions that further His love in the world and help us become more of who He created us to be. So, I'm not waiting for God to play magician and magically make things work out. God has intervened in my life at times, like with this internship thing, but at the same time, I don't think He's got everything mapped out, if that makes sense. I think He guides, but we're also free to find our own way. Everything can be used for His glory and to our ultimate benefit. I'm not being very clear with my words now, but then again, I don't write this for anyone but myself, so either way. I can feel that this is going to be a very big crossroads in my life, and I'm sort of okay with that...I'm ready to not be in school anymore, and I suppose that's a good place to start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You should apply foreign. Serious. You should try bursting from the VA bubble for a time in your life... while you're young and not tied-down. It'll be hard, but one of the best experiences in your life.
Just an opinion though.
*muah*
VIEL GLUCK!
Post a Comment