Probably not a bad idea after this year. 2009 brought the following lovely pieces of life trash my way: depression and subsequent denial of health insurance, breakup and fallout from He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named (hahahaha), the untimely death of my good friend Ben, and crazy financial hardships. However, this year also brought: a tighter friendship with a lot of people, especially my best friend, that wouldn't have happened without that nasty aforementioned relationship, freedom from a disgusting mess of a relationship with HWSNBN, new vocational opportunities, a much better understanding of what I want in my life and my relationships, and a newfound strength to make those things happen.
So, yes, this year sucked when I think about it. That's my initial reaction. But the byproducts of all of those toxic reactions has truly been a blessing: better relationships, better self-esteem, better outlook on life. So it is with most things in life: the shadow proves the sunshine (thank you, Switchfoot) and it truly takes life throwing you down to make you understand your own strength. I'm much more confident in myself and in my own strength after going through the experiences of this year, and I'm very much looking forward to a new year and a fresh start.
I hate people who are like THIS YEAR I'M CHANGING EVERYTHING and then 2 weeks later are back on the couch eating potato chips. Why not set some realistic goals for yourself and be gentle on your self-esteem? My hopes for this year are as follows:
I'm working towards getting a good amount of swimming in. Like, hopefully 4 nights a week. We'll see what happens, but I'd enjoy that.
Surviving coaching. That job has been so toxic. I'm ready to get my paycheck and hit the road.
Enjoy the ride. This year is the first year I have absolutely no idea where I'm going to end up. This time next year, I could be anywhere. I have nothing weighing me down. No awful boyfriend (although an unawful one would be just fine). Better self-esteem. Stronger. I could freak out that I have no clue where I'm going, but I'm not. It'll get worked out. :) I'm smart.
Mainly I just want to enjoy life. It's a gift. I'm ready to not worry as much (note the as much--it'll happen, realistically, but I'm not going to kill myself over it). I'm not making specific goals for my weight or detailing diet plans. I'll lose weight just by teaching...being on your feet all day will do that to you haha. And who says I need to lose weight? Keller Williams likes my love handles just fine, and so do I. If you're not going to love me for my love handles, which are conveniently located for your convenience, then you are not good enough to hold them. See ya.
I hope each of you reading this have a wonderful new year's experience. I'll be spending it at home cooking a nice dinner for my family. :) And remember--be easy on yourselves. Life's not a race. (311<3youbgh)
1 comment:
You are such an inspiration to me, beautiful lady! I love you so much and I want to support you in everything you do this year. You ARE smart and I know you will be an incredible teacher. <3
Post a Comment