6.24.2009

First of all, thank you for your comments on the last entry. :) You guys are the most wonderful friends, and I wouldn't be where I am today without your support.

Alright--enough cliche sappiness! In reference to my "trigger," he's completely out of my life. I put him about 85-90% out, and God put in the rest of the work--through him, because we got in the most ridiculous CRAZY fight the other night and he swore never to speak to me again and to quit our mutual activity because he can't stand to see my face. I was upset, but not because I lost his friendship--because I was afraid of what our teammates would think. But I know now that I'm fine and that no one on the team thinks I'm crazy or the cause of any of this...so I'm moving on and moving forward.

I went to trivia last night and enjoyed the company of some new people...people who were accepting even after knowing me for all of 5 minutes. Very, very awesome. I'm working a lot--less lifeguarding hours and more swim lesson hours--which means time and a half and double time on 8 bucks an hour. I enjoy teaching kids how to swim, too. This morning, I watched the excitement on the kids' faces as they went down the waterslide and into the "deep" end for the first time. I've taken a kid who was terrified of the water and gotten him to go down the waterslide in two days. I'm not saying this to make myself look good, but seriously because this brings me complete joy. I'm making a difference in the world. We all can--every single day, even in the most minute ways! How are you changing your world today?

So, pretty much I live at the Y. My life consists of working and working out...which, btw, has led me to realize that my knee and shoulder joints are loose...and I need to strengthen them this summer. The curse of being a swimmer...my left knee has started moving around, and it's not painful, but more annoying than anything else. It's uncomfortable. So today, instead of killing it on the elliptical like I did yesterday (which is what helped me realize I've got issues with it), I walked an hour on the treadmill at a moderate/slowish pace. I wanted more cardio, but I didn't want to push it. I think I'm going to swim laps tomorrow...that's low impact. :) No breastroke for me, though...I think that's what did that in the first place. :(

Hope everyone's having a great summer and a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Boo breaststroke. >=(

Hooray world-changing! =D