1.01.2009

i have to believe...

...that this year will be better than the last one. If I didn't...what good would going through the year be? I'm going to be optimistic...Regina Spektor's right...for every person that increases their capacity to hate and to destroy, there's another who's capacity for love, hope, and creation grows at least as much. It's like a people equilibrium...

Jason Mraz suggests that the way in which you spend your New Year's Eve is a good predictor of your year ahead. I spent mine playing Wii and watching Live from the Lincoln Center and some show about the 20th century in Virginia (which was actually very fascinating...)...so this must suggest that I'm going to be more in shape, a better musician, and a more well-rounded person in the next year. Oh hey--those are all my new year's resolutions (well, the in-shape one actually is more about being a better swimmer, but whatever)--I unconsciously just shaped my new year into the best one ever.

Bring it on. :)

No comments: