9.07.2008

newness.

It's been a while since I wrote in here...I wish I had the time or energy to write more--it's so relaxing. :)

School has started, and I'm finally feeling back into the swing of things. I'm working about two days a week at the YMCA pool lifeguarding, swimming four days a week, and taking 9 classes, seven of which are now on Wednesdays! Ahhhh, the life of a music major. ;) I'm also going to try and start taking a class at the gym on Fridays so I'm working out five days a week. It's called Core Strength and is hopefully going to help out my swimming tremendously. My coach wants me to build it up, and instead of doing it on my own, I'm going to use my free resources while I've got them and go to this class! It's only thirty minutes at 4:15 on Friday afternoons--it's perfect. :) Yay for eating healthier and feeling better about myself!!

In terms of my music, I'm really working hard this semester. Next semester is sophomore promotional, and the semester after that is SENIOR RECITAL! Dr. K. has given me the ok to graduate SPRING 2010 and not fall, which is super awesome! BUT this means SoPro and SR are BACK TO BACK--whooo! Bring on the music and the practice rooms late at night! I love music though, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I know I want to teach, but I don't ever want to stop learning about music. In terms of grad stuff, I could see myself going for more theory classes, ethnomusicology stuff...I love just about EVERYTHING music has to offer! I guess I should focus on graduating undergrad first. ;) Something to think about though!

Every semester is so different. This semester, I've realized the importance of surrounding yourself with positive people. The swim team is growing, and I'm becoming more active in it (I'm now the newly appointed swim team secretary!). There's just something about people who swim...well, at least the majority of them...they're so relaxed about life and so fun-loving. I'm very lucky to be a part of a team that loves and supports each other as much as this one! The music department can be a BLACK HOLE--people can get sucked into all kinds of drama, and it's hard to be around sometimes. We're musicians...aren't we supposed to be all about feelings and love and music? :) I just hope that people learn to enjoy their time here before they squander it all away worrying about what other people are doing--lesson learned the hard way for me. At least I'm lucky enough to get a second chance to get it right. :)

Okay...time to get ready for EMILY'S BRIDAL SHOWER!!!!! :D
Love you all, especially Heather and Nikki!!!! Hope you're both doing well!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Love you too! Life is changing so quickly lately, I haven't been able to update much either. Glad to hear things are going well though. :)