I visited my high school's band camp today. I try to go back about once a month to observe my band director. He's amazing at what he does, and I try to be around it as much as possible to soak it in. It's inspiring to watch him. I left tonight after about 2 hours knowing exactly why I want to be a band director. He motivates kids. He's got an amazing group of people working with him, especially with marching band. In just a few hours, I learned a few things to look for in marching band, ways to address things, and different ways of building skills without making it tedious or boring. I'm so lucky to have come out of that band program. I have no idea how I'm going to do what he does, but I know that I have the desire and passion to get it done somehow. I can do this.
I think that goes for a lot in life--I may not know how I'm going to get somewhere, but I've got the passion and drive to take me wherever Life leads. Things are going to work out if I just keep trying and working at it. Today feels good. With every day, I'm feeling more and more independent...less shrowded by my depression and the things that haunted me when I left school last year. This summer has been wonderful for me. I've got some amazing people in my life. I don't know what I did to deserve such a wonderful group of friends and family. I think it means I need to appreciate it more and use it to help other people.
Lastly...can I just say I'm ADDICTED to the Olympics????!!! GO USA!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment