8.06.2008

i love all people!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix

I'm feeling a little restless tonight. Today was amazing. I've caught up with so many people in the past 48 hours that it's ridiculous. I feel very connected to the world around me. I'm talking to people I haven't talked to since high school. I have a friend in Germany now, as well as South Carolina, soon-to-be Tennessee, New York, Louisiana!! ;), and all over good old VA. I've missed talking to these people so much. It's amazing how quickly and easily people can fall out of touch, but once they've been out of touch, how quickly it all comes back. Love is powerful stuff. As much as it might be a stalker's dream, I love Facebook. It's allowed me to keep in touch/reconnect with people I've long since lost touch with. I've felt an outpouring of love from so many people that my head is spinning--it's a beautiful thing. Exactly what I needed to knock me out of that stupid black hole I've been living in for far too long.

While I've experienced that beautiful side of love, I've also experienced the extreme opposite as well. I've seen people treated like crap for no real reason. I've watched in dismay as people judged others out loud, verbally assaulting their personhood and using it as a stepping stool for their own advancement. I hate it. I hate how people can be so amazing and so crappy at the same time. Why not just live and let live? Helping a friend doesn't involve judgement. It should involve love, a caring attitude, and a willingness to look past the outer layers of situations and people, peeling back the layers until a solution is found and a loving relationship is restored. Call me an idealist, but I prefer this to the alternative...

I wish there were more patient and understanding people in the world. I was driving down the highway today going back home from lunch when there was a lane closure. I immediately got into the correct lane. It wasn't even a question in my mind. 15 minutes later, about 20 feet closer to home, I'm watching people race by me on either side, bypassing all of us in line to cut ahead of people when the lane physically closes. I don't get it! WHY would you not move over? Because you're too concerned with yourself and your desire to get somewhere. Don't you think the rest of us are just as eager to get to our destination? Do you think we're enjoying sitting in stopped traffic, polluting the air and draining our gas tanks and therefore wallets?? Get a life! Or at least remember there are other people with them. I can't believe how self-consumed some people are...thinking their's is the worst problem on the face of the planet. Take a step back and realize there are other people around you. It's this kind of elitest, self-emphasizing attitude that is stinking up the world today! :( BOO on that!

Everyone needs to be more like Mrs. Oliva. And I quote: "I LOVE ALL PEOPLE!!!"
She's got it right.

No comments: