The past few days have been filled with happy things...my room is now CLEAN and I've managed to recycle about three trashbags full of paper, give away about three trashbags full of clothes and other items, and only throw away about a small bathroom trashcan of stuff! GO GREEN!
The other night, after having another week of full on depression, I had a breakthrough! I was reading SexGod by Rob Bell (which I HIGHLY recommend) when I was overcome with this wonderful feeling of peace, calm, and happiness. It resonated in my chest and spread out through my entire body, tingling and warming from the inside out. I felt like I was in the presence of God. I put on Coldplay's "A Rush of Blood to the Head" and wrote in my journal for about an hour with only one minimal interruption. The feeling was incredible!!!!! I felt fully happy, no cares and no worries, for the first time in YEARS. I felt at peace with life and had no worries about the future or the present...I was just existing in the present. I believed in God before, but it's undeniable now. <3 What a beautiful experience! It's put me in a better mood for the past few days, which has been nice.
Yesterday was Sydney's swimfest. Sydney was a girl at my former HS who died suddenly in a car accident leaving her neighborhood one morning this past school year. Our swim team raised about 1700 dollars (and it's still coming in!!) for her memorial scholarship foundation! :) It was AMAZING to see everyone coming together for such an awesome cause. The world felt right in that moment, and I loved every second of it. I'm so happy!!
Today was my Grandby's 80th birthday! We went out to lunch at Shang Hai restaurant...yummmmy vegetarian Chinese food! In the middle of it, we had her open her gifts. One came from an internet company, so the box had all this blue paper in it. Grandby's friend Julia said to her jokingly "Put it on your head!" So...she did. In the middle of the restaurant. Blue strands of paper packagaing all over her head. Right as she did that, my grandad took a picture that he was going to take before she did it, and it was PRICELESS. Everyone in the restaurant was staring at our table as we laughed and enjoyed ourselves. I hope I can be like Grandby and just completely not care what other people think of her. :) She said "I'm just happy I've stayed around this long!" Amen to that. :) :) :)
2 comments:
*hugs*
It's not always easy to roll with the punches, but Dr. Mrs. used to tell me that when you get older, you tend to take the path of least resistance....and it really is true. And remember...it's not always all bad to be type A! Expecting perfection out of yourself can be good, especially when it comes to your work.
We're all quirky and a little messed up in our own way, I don't want you to feel alone in that. Do what you need to do to make yourself feel better, no apologies. Love you!!!
oops, I just realized that I replied to the wrong journal entry! Sorry about that...anyway, I'm glad to know that things are looking amazing lately!
Post a Comment