Today=10 months for Cory and me. :) He's one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I love him so much, and I feel so blessed to have him in my life. He's been so patient with me, even (and especially) when I wouldn't be patient with myself. He's put up with my moods, my anxiety, and my depression more than I ever thought it possible for one person to do. And he still loves me after it all. I'm so lucky...I wouldn't trade him for anything.
Along the same lines, I bought myself two of the books my counselor had on the recommended reading lists today. I wanted to be proactive in getting myself undepressed and unanxious (haha), so I dropped fifty bucks on these. One of them is "The Feel Good Handbook" and makes me feel like I'm a total nutcase haha. It's 800 pages (no, literally 800!!!), and I've already started delving into them. So far, I've learned that my thoughts directly affect my emotions and that, by controlling what kinds of thoughts I have (i.e. positive and not negative), I can control my emotions better. Sounds a little crazy, but it makes sense. When I get depressed or anxious, my mind spirals out of control and I think all of these crazy, completely irrational thoughts. This book's giving me the tools to sort out what kind of irrational thoughts I'm thinking and then how to best move on from there...that's as far as I've gotten. I took two tests in the book, and according to them, I'm moderately depressed and severely anxious, or I have been this week at least. It's been a slightly stressful week, so I'm thinking next week's scores will be a little lower. They're still much higher than a healthy level, though, so I'm glad I invested in these books. Here's to starting to feel a little bit freer!
Not much else to say. Father's Day was awesome--made Dad this amazing dinner of a pasta bake (with fresh rosemary and basil) with a side of potato rosemary bread (thank you, Kroger!) and some squash and zucchini lightly sauteed for Mom and Dad. Dessert was my sister's creation: smores pie. It consisted of a chocolate graham cracker crust (premade), marshmallow fluff (cause it doesn't contain gelatin and therefore is veggie friendly!!!), chocolate pudding from a box, and Hershey's bars shaved on top. It was SO rich and decadant, but SO amazing!!!! It was hands-down the best meal I've cooked so far. Sweet. :)
More of the same old, same old summer routine this week. It starts for good (for the next two months anyways) tomorrow! Swim practice, but then NO work cause I've got the day off...so that means cleaning! Booooo. But it's gotta be done. I gave away some of my old clothes to Goodwill this weekend. It felt good. I don't need half of what I have. Someone somewhere appreciates those clothes far more than I have recently. I'm going to keep this up.
Simplify, simplify.
No comments:
Post a Comment