2.05.2010

i am.

I'm going to make a list of things/attributes/etc. that I truly believe represent/are me.  I will not put anything I don't believe in.  Won't be fake.  Will be positive though.

I am...
a dreamer. an idealist. intelligent. funny. genuinely positive, even if it's buried under a veil of depression and anxiety at times.  a hard worker. a teacher. a coach. a lover. emotional. tough. strong. independently dependent. a sister. a daughter. a teammate. a musician. a singer. a flute player. a swimmer. a leader. a learner. trusting, to a fault. forgiving. understanding. stubborn. open. willing. ready. excitable. mischievous. a curvebreaker. outside the lines. simple. extremely complex. a person who makes something out of nothing in a wonderful way. not afraid to do thankless work. not in my career path for the financial bottom line. a bit messy at times. a homebody. someone who gets lost in music, especially at concerts. a really crappy dancer, but someone who has fun doing it despite that fact. a former vegetarian who still refrains from red meat and pork...and i'm not really sure why. so much more than i get credit for recently. a good person. unique. passively aggressive. helpful. a hugger. a cuddler. a believer. a struggler. a come-out-on-top person. :)

I'll overcome this latest crap just like I've overcome every other hurdle in my life recently because I am an all-powerful amazon warrior (thank you Ani!) and I am worth more than questioning my self-worth because of someone else's insecurities.  Not everything is my fault.  This depression and anxiety has eaten away at the very core of my being for so long I lost myself.  I'm ready to tear through all of that and get back to who I know deep inside I am.  I'm trying something new...having a little bit of faith.

"I know that I will never disappoint myself." -Beyonce

1 comment:

Linze Kate said...

You ARE amazing. Seriously, girl... keep remembering that.

Also, good on the Beyonce quote - That girl knows!
*muah*