8.15.2009

I've been cleaning house (read: apartment) all day today...after waking up at 6:15 to work 4 hours at the Y. I've scrubbed all the cabinets, wiped down all the counters/stove/fridge, done 3 loads of laundry, soaked the burner pan things and scrubbed those down, mopped the kitchen/front door tiles twice, swept the porch off, and dusted the living room. Oh, and I scrubbed my toilet. I've still got my entire room to clean out, and my entire bathroom (sans toilet) to clean out and scrub down. I'm satisfied with the progress I've made in the common areas...it's just my space that needs some love. I have to open 3 days next week, and I have band camp 5 days, and tomorrow is a 9 hour day for me...BUT I do have Tuesday and Thursday mornings completely off, meaning I'll be continuing this cleaningfest then. I just can't start my school year messy...or I'll never have a fighting chance of keeping it in any kind of order. I'm not a super clean person, but I think having a nice space to come home to will be calming and just a huge help to making the most of what little me time I'm going to have in the next few months.

This semester could prove to be the busiest yet: 3 different jobs, a senior recital, swim meets/practices, 18 credits...my last semester of college classes...it's going to be a fair amount of work. I'm ready, though...I can handle anything. As one of my friends put it, I'm "SuperWoman" (I'm not really...but I'm determined and optimistic not to stress out about it all. I can totally handle this...even though it might be hard and less than desirable.

This summer has changed me in so many ways. I'm leaving it 1) more able to handle sleep deprivation (surprisingly) 2) more optimistic 3) DEPRESSION FREE (there were times when I wasn't sure that I'd be able to say that...) 4) happily single and ready to do my best to forgive the past and move forward without that baggage 5) with a better relationship with God 6) with a new calling and a renewed sense of happiness and understanding in terms of my music education goals. I really don't care about performing...it's not something that I enjoy or really even see myself doing (except in church/weddings/whatever else low-key). I'd rather be teaching...but I guess these experiences will help me in the future. I am a new person...and I can't wait to share my new life with my best friends. :)

Welcome back, loves of my life, to Farmvegas! The center of the universe. 0:)

1 comment:

Allyson said...

I am so excited to see you it's ridiculous. I am excited to see everyone else as well, but you are pretty much at the top of my list. I feel like you will have such a positive impact on my attitude this semester! Talking to you about everything you've gone through and everything you've achieved this summer has made me realize that I have no excuse not to work hard and be HAPPY with who I am and what I'm doing! You are the coolest girl ever and I love you and miss you! I will see you in six days! =D