4.11.2009

easter.

I have to say that I've enjoyed being home this weekend, despite my allergies in the form of swollen beyond belief tonsils and despite the fact that i spend much of my time sleeping, aka taking 3 naps in the span of 24 hours on top of 8 hours of sleep...including a 1 hour, 2 hour, and 4 hour knockout session. This is strange for me, as I generally never take naps. They tend to make me sleepier than before the nappage occurred. Today, with the allergies, I just wanted to be asleep so I didn't feel like my thoat was trying to eat itself like it does now. I hate having to choose between being happy and taking allergy meds--guess I should talk to my doctor about that one. I dislike drug interactions very much.

I wish that I was able to be at home more for prolonged periods of time. I enjoy it here and I appreciate my family. We're crazy, and nobody else could ever understand us...but I love it. There's something so comforting about my room, even though I experienced the bulk of my depression in this spot and at this time of night...I love being here right now. In this moment, alone in my room, I am happy. This lets me know I am getting better. :) Previously, I would have been calling people, unhappy until one picked up and told me that I was okay or something. Now, I'm content to do work, listen to Em dry her hair through my closed door, and think about the future. Not sure when I'll be back here for an overnight stay--probably sometime next month, I'd think. We'll see. For now, I'm content to look forward, with renewed hope, and SMILE, knowing that I've always got a home and family to come back to. :)

1 comment:

Allyson said...

I love reading your posts when you're feeling happy. They always make me more grateful for the happiness I do have instead of focusing on petty things that might occasionally make me feel bummed out.

Also, allergies are haters. Seriously.

Ummmm Decemberists and sushi in June. Am I getting annoying yet? =p